Baked Pesto Chicken
Angel Hair Pasta with French Bread4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup basil pesto
2 plum tomatoes
shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with foil.
2. Put pesto and chicken in bowl. Toss until chicken is covered.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Place slices of tomato on top of chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake another 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve with a box of angel hair pasta and herbs and French bread.
Crock Pot Burgundy Beef
Egg Noodles2¼-2½ lbs. pot roast
1 can condensed beefy mushroom soup
1 can condensed creamy mushroom soup
1 cup sliced mushrooms or chopped onions (optional)
¼ cup cranberry juice
1. Trim fat and cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place in crock-pot.
2. Stir in soups, mushrooms or onions if desired and wine.
3. Cover and cook on high 4-4½ hours or low for 8-9 hours.
4. Serve over cooked egg noodles.
Blue Ribbon Chili
Buttered Cornbread2 pounds ground beef
½ onion, chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic salt
2½ cups tomato sauce
1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
4 Tablespoons chili seasoning mix
1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans
1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and sauté for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
2. Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans.
3. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.
1½ cups cornmeal
2½ cups milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
⅔ cup white sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, combine corn meal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. Mix in the cornmeal mixture, eggs and oil until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.