1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
2 cups leftover roast beef
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
10 3/4 ounces milk (one soup can full, or less if you want a thicker soup )
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together soup and milk, remember if you want a thicker soup use less milk.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat, then add onion and cook until soft.
- Then add roast beef and stir until heated through.
- Add soup/milk mixture and stir well.
- If using the red pepper flakes add now,cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Five-spice Chicken Noodle Soup
2 cups water
1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 green onions, thinly bias-sliced
2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
2 cups chopped bok choy
1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced into strips
2 ounces dried somen noodles, broken into 2 inch lengths or 2 ounces fine dried noodles
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan combine water, chicken broth, green onions, soy sauce, garlic, five-spice powder, and ginger; bring to boiling.
- Stir in bok choy, sweet pepper strips, and noodles; return to boiling, reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender,.
- Stir in chicken, heat through and Serve.